VBA or Visual Basic for Applications is used in Microsoft Excel to perform automating operations in spreadsheets. These spreadsheets give the user quick look-up access for choosing colleges or inventory tracking, to manage and supervise the flow of products and services. Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet software used for calculations, graphing and pivot tables. By using and with the help of VBA, the user can design excel forms, which can be used even by those who hardly have any knowledge about the program.
All of this is possible because VBA can be used while creating forms in excel which support user input. By simply copying and saving the script for the input form to a text document, the form is made accessible on other spreadsheets and the user is spared the trouble of recreating it each time he needs the form. This is a lot more convenient than traditional forms or the process of manual form creation in excel without using VBA.
Primarily, Excel forms are used for maintaining records and they are very helpful if you need to access them regularly, to update your inventory. In this article, we will show you an easy and quick way to create the form when you need it.
Follow the steps given below to create forms in excel using VBA –
When typing the excel form, start the ‘macro recording’. This feature shall record the details and thus save a lot of your typing hours in future. When you require a new inventory form, you can format it in seconds.
– Click on the VIEW menu in the excel menu bar and choose VBA macro recording
– Then click on the option named MACROS
– Under MACROS, you need to choose START Recording
– Appropriately name your macro in the box that appears
– Create a shortcut key like ‘I’ to get the shortcut keys ‘Ctrl’ and ‘I’
– Then press OK so that recording gets started
– To open a new file, click on BLANK WORKBOOK under the OFFICE option in the menubar
– Now you can customize your excel forms as per your specific requirements and interests. For instance, a college course tracking form should have columns like NEW PROGRAM APPROVAL, GRADUATE CATALOG REVISION and UNDERGRADUATE CATALOG REVISION.
– Keep space for adding new courses, and for incorporating changes when required, and keep options for deleting some data that has lost its relevance
– When you have edited the VBA workbook completely, click on MACROS
– Under MACROS, choose STOP Recording
– The VBA macro is now ready for use
Press the shortcut keys you selected earlier to create a workbook using visual basic instantly. If at any point of time, you cannot recall the shortcut key you selected, click on MACROS. Under MACROS, click on VIEW MACROS to retrieve all VBA MACROS in the workbook that you have created or modified.
If any of the above steps to create forms in excel using VBA seems intimidating, you can watch youtube videos on them. You can also hire a professional excel form creation service.